NZFG member? Log in to see our practitioners' news and events page
Move with your child, December 2018
Learning to navigate disabilities with the Feldenkrais Method (see event flyer)
When: Saturday 8th December 2018, 9:30am–4:30pm
Where: The Old Homestead Community House, 92 Point Chevalier Rd, Point Chevalier, Auckland (map)
Cost: See flyer for costs and discounts
Awareness Through Movement® workshops for Public and Practitioners
In 'Feldenkrais Intensives' workshops, experienced Feldenkrais teachers will take you through a series of four lessons per day. Having these lessons back-to-back minimises the re-emergence of old habits and multiplies many-fold the power of the learning. These events are organised on behalf of the NZ Feldenkrais Guild.
- Who? Anyone who wants to learn to move with greater ease, balance, control and/or power, for everyday activities or for sports, dance, martial arts, music…
- What? Not only the multiple lessons, but a chance to explore the Feldenkrais Method, feel its benefits, and meet liked-minded people
- Bring? Bring an open mind and a willingness to learn. Wear everyday clothes, preferably loose
FIW19: Feldenkrais Intensive Wellington, 13-15 April 2019
Our annual and very popular three-day, 12-lesson event held each April: see our FIW19 flyer.
- When? Three days Saturday 13th to Monday 15th April 2019, 10am to 4:30pm daily
- Where? Te Whaea: National Dance & Drama Centre, 11 Hutchison Road, Newtown, Wellington 6021 (map)
- Cost? $240 for the three days, or $180 ‘earlybird’ payable before 31 March 2019
Teachers for FIW19 tbc. For FIW18 they were:
A previous FIW participant's summary:
"Day 1 - What am I doing here? This is crazy, we aren't doing anything. It is all so light and airy"
"Day 2 - Something is happening - home to sleep 10.5 hours"
"Day 3 - Transforming: I feel lighter - the floor is softer - I have grown 2 inches in posture and brain is open"
Feldenkrais Intensive Auckland, 2019
Date set for 1 and 2 June 2019 - further details to come
For more information contact Gillian.
The above events are open to the public. For practitioner events such as Advanced Trainings see here.