NZFG member? Log in to see our practitioners' news and events page
Awareness Through Movement® workshops for Public and Practitioners
In 'Feldenkrais Intensives' workshops, experienced Feldenkrais teachers will take you through a series of four lessons per day. Having these lessons back-to-back minimises the re-emergence of old habits and multiplies many-fold the power of the learning. These events are organised on behalf of the NZ Feldenkrais Guild.
- Who? Anyone who wants to learn to move with greater ease, balance, control and/or power, for everyday activities or for sports, dance, martial arts, music…
- What? Not only the multiple lessons, but a chance to explore the Feldenkrais Method, feel its benefits, and meet liked-minded people
- Bring? Bring an open mind and a willingness to learn. Wear everyday clothes, preferably loose
FIW23: Feldenkrais Intensive Wellington, 14-16 April 2023
Hot off the press: 2023 date just announced, same tried and tested formula as below, flyer and details to be updated soon...
Our seventh annual and very popular three-day, 12-lesson event. Normally held in April, delayed to October this year due to the Omicron outbreak: see our flyer
- When? Three days Saturday 1st to Monday 3rd October 2022, 10am to 4:30pm daily
- Where? Te Whaea: National Dance & Drama Centre, 11 Hutchison Road, Newtown, Wellington 6021 (map)
- Cost? $240 for the three days ($180 for earlybird registrations by 31 August)
Our teachers this year are:
A previous FIW participant's summary:
"Day 1 - What am I doing here? This is crazy, we aren't doing anything. It is all so light and airy"
"Day 2 - Something is happening - home to sleep 10.5 hours"
"Day 3 - Transforming: I feel lighter - the floor is softer - I have grown 2 inches in posture and brain is open"
Covid response: We aim to provide a safe and comfortable atmosphere for all attendees so that we can enjoy the Feldenkrais Intensive with confidence. Currently, in line with government guidelines and the requirements of our organising committee, our approach is mask mandatory except when 'on the mat' or eating, drinking or presenting, and daily negative RAT tests for all. If this changes as we approach October, we will post it here and let registered participants know. We will:
- Provide spare masks and RAT tests
- Ensure 1m spacing between mats
- Ventilate the room and check with a CO2 monitor during breaks
The above events are open to the public. For practitioner events such as Advanced Trainings see here.